Wednesday, April 6, 2011

bountiful temple

I have a strong testimony in the power of Temples
Recently in General Conference the Prophet Thomas Monson
talked about the power of the Temple and having it in our lives.
I suggest if you haven't heard this talk that you should listen to it or read it in the Ensign that comes out in May. He said remarkable things about the Temple. 
A few that stood out to me are the following that the Prophet said: 
sunday morning session: The Holy Temple- A beacon to the world. The website is listed below ;)

http://lds.org/general-conference/print/2011/04/the-holy-temple-a-beacon-to-the-world/?lang=eng


  • Now, my young friends who are in your teenage years, (I put myself in this categorie Young Single Adults) always have the temple in your sights. Do nothing which will keep you from entering its doors and partaking of the sacred and eternal blessings there. I commend those of you who already go to the temple regularly to perform baptisms for the dead, arising in the very early hours of the morning so you can participate in such baptisms before school begins. I can think of no better way to start a day.
    
  • The world can be a challenging and difficult place in which to live. We are often surrounded by that which would drag us down. As you and I go to the holy houses of God, as we remember the covenants we make within, we will be more able to bear every trial and to overcome each temptation. In this sacred sanctuary we will find peace; we will be renewed and fortified. 
    Bountiful Temple: Wednesday April 6th 2011
    
Recently Today My mom and I took some pizza to my sister's softball game in Ogden. We decided after delivering the pizza's we would go to the temple after. We got ready in our church clothes and continued on the drive to Ogden. Dropped off the pizza's watched her game then headed to the Bountiful Temple because the Ogden one was closed for cleaning. Driving with my mom is always an adventure I realized. She does sometimes forgetful things. We almost headed to Evanston instead of Bountiful it was quiet funny.....we both had our laughs. I still laugh at it as well as are other driving adventures. ha ha. I love going to the temple and loved going with my mom. We finally arrived. She went to a temple session and I did baptisms. It was great I had about an hour in a half of time to reflect and wait for my mom. I decided to go into the waiting room. I loved sitting there watching couples young-middle aged-elderly couples enter the temple. The best is seeing their husband carry the wife's temple bag when leaving and entering the temple. What a gentlemen. It was very kind indeed. It made me think of my future husband and he better carry my temple bag when going to the temple together ;) ha ha. I loved also seeing the smiles on people's faces. There is such a strong, peaceful feeling inside the temple. I of course had a lot of time on my hand to sit there and ponder. I was able to read my patriarchal blessing, the ensign, my scriptures and write in my journalI absoutly love it and didn't feel rushed at all. I was able to set aside the worldly things and reflect about the true gospel.we truly blessed to live by so many temples.
I love to go to the Temple.


I also took some pictures on my phone........silly me I couldn't find my camera charger................still its somewhere
Bountiful Temple
 

My mom was so kind to take a picture of me in front of the Bountiful Temple.
It only took about 5 tries then she finally got it.
"what button do i push?
Why isn't it working?
Ooops it went back to your picture background?
Thanks Mom for this great picture 5 times is a charm ;)


Thanks Mom for Driving! Love you ;)


2 comments:

  1. I say we should go inside this temple this summer too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright it is a plan as well as the Provo Temple ;)

    ReplyDelete