Sunday, October 10, 2010

new calling.


Sunday.
What a better day to spend my birthday doing church things.
I do have to admit I’m not a fan of having my birthday on a Sunday because I can’t really go anywhere or even go out to dinner with my family, but it was still good.
I had a meeting with my bishop today. And got a new calling.
I’m the Relief Society transactioner…….in my mind I was thinking what is that? I have never heard of that calling before. I get to work with new young single adults mainly the same age as me so 18-19-20 year olds. To make them feel welcome and make sure that the Relief society president know’s the new members. And get them involved.
My brother got a calling also..he is in charge or more like the assistant to the athlete director. I’m sure he will enjoy that calling because he loves sports. Hopefully it will help him get more involved in the church. Hoping.
I had a fireside that I attend today the author of the biography of President Monson. Wow was this a fantastic fireside to attend. She was telling about his life and how he is just like any normal person. She said that he is the same on camera as he is off camera in his office. I was able to hear stories about his life time from her telling us. My mom then bought the book for me on Monday ;)…I will have to read it because she made it sound so interesting and was a really good speaker in the chapel. I enjoyed it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment