Friday, October 8, 2010

temple friday. David Archuleta.

Alisha and I went to the Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple this morning at 7:00
i totally slept through my alarm. and since my room is in the front where i can see the drive way.
i heard her pull up and then my phone ringing with her calling. oooops. silly alarm.
don't worry though i made it in time and she didn't leave. i hurried and just put on a dress grabbed my bag and out the door....7:14 not that bad at all.....

after she dropped me off. i had nothing really else planned for the day. and my mom was going to the Jordan temple in thirty mintues. so i decided to go with her spend quality time at the temple again with my mom.
we had to drop off my car because it is having car problems. dumb car problems i will say. so annoying.
then we took a shuttle to the temple.
it was a neat expiernce when i walked in the lady at the desk ask if i would do the baptisms for the lady that brought family names and is going to do the confirmations. of course i said yes.
i baptised 16 family names for her and she thanked me and you could see a glow in her eyes as she was watching me get baptised for the those 16 names.
i was waiting in front room of the temple for my mom...didn't know how long she would be.
watching people coming into the temple and out the temple..was so fascinating because it is open to those worthy with a temple recommend. old. young. men. woman. coming to attend the temple. what a blessing.
as i was sitting there a person walked in. looked so familiar. I hate that when you see someone you know but don't know from where.........and then when they leave you just sit there pondering how you know this person.
this person was very attractive but short. dressed in his church clothes. hair was very neatly done. and in his hand where his scriptures...he walked in while i was sitting there wondering who he was...
later i was still waiting for my mom. asked the temple worker when she would be out. he said we could go check the cafeteriea room or maybe she went into the baptism room to wait for you.
so we went and looked. no luck.
i decided to do 15 more confirmations since i had time.
while i was getting my clothes. the lady said to look in the font because it was DAVID ARCHEULETA!!!


okay that is the guy who walked in to the temple that looked familiar.....i looked into the glass font window and he was gettting baptised. what a neat expierence to see him inside the temple and to be worthy to go to the temple. with his singing you can see the passion that he had for this gospel and even when he did american idol he was one of my favorites. I saw him sing and murry and then at the beginning of a soccer game. and i listen to his songs still...what a great person at a young age that shares the gospel and is worthy to go to the temple and use his talent wisely in the singing industry.
not every day when you go to the temple you see a singer....but for me today i was able to see that....wonderful wonderful day. love the temple. love the people who are worthy to go attend the temple.

2 comments:

  1. David Archuleta!!!! That'd be so awesome!!! Oh my gosh lol. exciting :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was. so crazy to see him in the temple ha ha very good looking! It was awesome lol!

    ReplyDelete