Wednesday, January 19, 2011

love of those who passed away.

my grandma recently has been sick with cancer for awhile and has been in the care center.
i heard a phone call to my mom.
after the call she said that my grandma (her mom) has passed away.
it was her time. I know that she is in a better place with her mother and then her mother's mother and etc. to know that the pain and sickness is gone she no longer has to fight it and deal with it. she is now blessed in the after life. to know that she lived a great life. She was closer with my brother's, but I truly loved her for who she was. She always had a sense of humor, even when she was sick she would think of something to say and chuckle. her funny stories even though she told them more then once. memories from when I was young to now..........................
I will always remember the times going with my brother and sister to go swimming. she would bring us lunch and we would eat by the pool as she would watch us swim around. i will remember trying on her colorful hats that me and my sister tried on several times. the time she would put the fire place on when I would come over so I could sit by the warmth. the time our family opened up christmas presents at her house. the time I would watch movies at her house. the jewelery she would let me try on and wear around her place. the shiny cat pin and all her decorative pins. the letters i used to write to her and receive letters back. the birthday cards and birthday money every year. never forgetting the day. her green flowered couches. painting Easter eggs at her place. sitting on her balcony enjoying lunch in the summer. always going to nordstroms to let me buy a BIG HUGE PINk cookie that was always delicious. the shopping humor. her stylish clothing. stylish purses and shoes. her huge sun glasses. her clip on earrings that i always adored. she will be missed but is in a better place. 
I love my Grandma Carol. > always
My mom said in a year that she will be able to do my grandma's temple name. wow what a blessing. I can't wait for that day when my mom does that. it will be a very spiritual moment. ...........................the memories will last forever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment