Sunday, May 29, 2011

honesty.

"The only safe path is straight and narrow"
http://library.lds.org/nxt/gateway.dll/Magazines/NewEra/img/img00243.jpg
"Big lies can start with a little yarn"

Today in my Single's Ward we had a lesson about honesty. I love these Mormon Ad message's even though the one with the boy is very old. They still have deep meaning and you can relate to the topic. The one on the left makes me think of the choice's that I am making and that I have made in the past. Have I stayed on my toes or have I given in and fallen towards the nails? What are you doing to stay on the straight and narrow path. I feel as if those nails in the ad are the adversary tempting us to fall away. Don't let it stay on your toes and follow the path. I know I can improve my path:) We tend to make mistakes even if it is that white little lie we told a family member, friend, co-worker. It is those little things that eventually will add up and become big things. You might as well not even start with the lying because it will just get worse. I know I have had some friends before where they have lied to me thinking I wouldn't find out. It hurts deep inside and then that friendship tends to decrease or more like the honesty and trust issue goes down. I love the power in honesty and I know if we are honest with those around us we won't have anything to hide. I love the gospel and how lessons remind us of our everyday lives and what we can improve on. 
Honesty is important with my future husband, boyfriend, family, friends, and even most important myself and with God. 

Daily LDS Gems: topic honesty-trust 
"Becoming people of integrity and honesty does not occur quickly or all at once, nor is it merely a matter of greater personal discipline. It is a change of disposition, a change of heart. And this gradual change of heart is one that the Lord accomplishes within us, through the power of His Spirit, in a line-upon-line fashion. . . .
"Remember that becoming people of integrity and honesty is not simply a matter of more personal determination, more grit, and more willpower; rather, it is accomplished through the enabling power of the Atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ.
-David A Bednar

“Everyone needs good friends. Your circle of friends will greatly influence your thinking and behavior, just as you will theirs. When you share common values with your friends, you can strengthen and encourage each other.”
-Presidant Monson

"You will have challenges and hard decisions to make throughout your life. Be determined now to always do what is right and let the consequence follow. The consequence will always be for your best good. You will learn that it is easiest over the long run to stand for what is right and do the difficult thing to
begin with. Once you take that position, following through is not too hard. An individual who cuts corners and justifies some departure from true standards for whatever reason finds that seeds are planted that produce problems later. Those problems are far more difficult to overcome than taking a correct stand initially.
-Richard G Scott

1 comment:

  1. really good talk on the subject... :)

    http://lds.org/general-conference/2011/04/i-believe-in-being-honest-and-true?lang=eng

    ReplyDelete