Sunday, May 1, 2011

r.o.a.d.t.r.i.p 16th-28th

Road trip with the Family was an amazing adventure.
Time went by to fast. And I’m already back in Slc with the cold weather burr. I miss the 70-80 degree weather.
This post is going to be long. So bear with me.....>....>....>.....>....>....>....>....>....>.....>.....>.....>....>
 13 days was to short. Ha ha
I am so grateful for my family and the quality time I was able to spend with them and
                                                                                        create even more     memories.

My family loves. Loves. Loves to take pictures. We tend to take to many 
but good thing with digital you can take as many as you want and go back through and delete the ones you don’t like.
I’m going to post more picture’s then words
First day April 16th 
 
on our drive we found this broken down restaurant. Of course we couldn't just drive past without taking pictures ;)
My amazing sister Kimberly Anne Monsen.
My excellent brother Richard Anthony Monsen.
and of course me Sarah Anne Monsen
some say we look alike. our point of view. we don't ha ha but will always be sisters ;)
an old cabin on the side of the road.
the side of the old cabin.
our first street sign. to start the Monsen family vacation.
love them. I think Richard was hiding from the camera on this one ha ha.
second street sign.
third street sign.


Sister's will always be side by side ;) always there for one another.

fourth street signs.
this is my Favorite Photo of all the pictures we took by signs. We are now the Monkey Monsen's ha ha.
hold on tight.
STOP: i have the most amazing youngest brother and sister.

as you can tell we love each other soo sooo much. ha ha. kodak moment.
  Second day April 17th
going to church in: Escanlante
I love how the church is still the same where ever you go ;) its true ;)
blinded by the bright sun.
visiting the Visitor Center in Ecelente.
us being silly as usual.
ESCALANTE> loved.
love this one.
Gotta  love stylish hats. it is a must when going on a road trip. The two hats my sister and I are wearing used to be our grandma's.  stylish- yes!
this one is my favorite also. My little brother is enjoying his apple. While my sister and I our looking at the beauty that surrounded us. 


little richard up on top. so tiny. ha ha.
my mom and I trying to do our Yoga.
Dad making fun of us. copy cat ;) ha ha.
hiking.
brand new Hiking Shoes. Thanks dad ;)
mom and I hiking.
playing in the Escalante Sand. It actually is a cool picture with the sand.
This is how I get around. Having my little sister who is taller then me give me a piggy back ride. What a kind sister!
Kodak moment. precious. just cute.
Sister is 16. Driving in the middle of no where. We made it safely oooh it was a close one ;)
fifth sign.
scenic by way ;) so pretty!!
Colorado River.
what a stud. standing by the sign.
first time at seeing the Colorado River.
Daughters and Daddy.
Mom = pondering. reflecting.
Third day April 18th
going to Far View Visitor Center.
Richard calling his pretend girl friend. ha ha.
on the count of three. new marshmallow ICE CREAM cones. delicious!!
waiting for our tourist Ranger Marie.
Anaszi and the Pepplo houses that we were able to see and go inside.
it was amazing to see the structure. and what they did for homes. It made me grateful for my house.
Canyon Barriers
blue. blue and more blue.
hiking up to the top.
wow.

leaving the Pepplo Houses and going onto another Adventure. Hurrary!
 Fourth day April 19th
 this is the day I was in four states at the same time. I can check that off on my list ;). The great Four Corners. I suggest everyone to go. It is fun and plus who wouldn't want to be in four states at the same time.  


4 States at the same time. ;) accomplished.
Kimberly and I thumbs up for FOUR states.
me driving to our hotel in Williams.

went to flag staff with one of my old roomies Whitney Lucas first year of college it was fun!
had to take a picture by flagstaff for memories.
totally wanted to buy this hat. nope my family wouldn't let me ha ha.
cowgirl's at heart. best part i think our cowgirl boots.
getting ready to go Eat din din.
 another grand day. Finished this day up in Williams a small town in Arizona. We stayed at the Grand Hotel and my dad got bought tickets to go to the Grand Hotel Buffet. I haven't been to a Buffet in a loooong time. I love them. You can truely eat as much as you like. I tended on eating or putting to much on my plate. My eyes were bigger then my belly in this case. The best part is the dessert at the end with the ice cream and m&M toppings. ....so good. It was funny we had a server. My sister and I thought he was really attractived. He was funny and really a good server. The end when my dad as leaving a tip, my sister and i decided to leave my number for him as a joke. We left it and said from the Ladies...because he asked us in the beginning what drinks can i get you ladies. we were joking around when writting that on the paper. Phone number left. and that evening he texted it. He is a really nice new friend in the small town of Arizonia. my sister and I laughed. good good times with my sister. Love!
Fifth day April 20th
This is the day my family and I rode the 2 hour train to the GRAND CANYON!! This is one of my favorite veiws that we were able to see. It is magnificent. I can't believe it is sooo big. It is huge. I guess that is why they called it the GRAND CANYCANYON lol. I want to go back in the future ;) so pretty! Everyone must see it in their life. I love the beauty that surrounded us.
our new best friend!
gun show. gotta get pictures with the crew.
we went to jail.
getting ready to go on our First Train ride.
two hour train ride baby! yeah!
family trip to the Grand Canyon 2010
robbers on the train. ha ha.

 ROUTE 66 baby!
richard bought a dang good lookin bet buckle
Sixth day April 21st
The house that was in the movie Top Gun. down in san Diego California woot woot!
farmer's market in california with my mom and dad. shopping and enjoy the music and food.
 eighth day April 22nd
Brother came down in San Diego to meet up with us. It was good to have him there for the rest of the vacation.
 


 ninth day April 22nd
 went to the space museum with my family. It was actually way fun! I enjoyed learning and seeing new things about space and of course taking crazy fun pictures in the museum. Then after we finished up going to la ohia beach. got subway sandwiches and took pictures by the beach. Then went back to the hotel and finished up the day playing at the beach and boogie boarding. such a pretty sunset! so pretty when you have the beach in the background.






 tenth day  April 26th
  San Diego Temple :)
First time for the four of us.
richard. kimberly my mom and dad went to the temple.
we were able to set up an appointment to do baptisms. they had family names that we were able to do. richard did 40. my sister and i both did 20. it was an amazing experience. 
I love this gospel. 
That your able to do temple work other then the city i live in. I am blessed to have so many temple's so close by my house. It is great. Last time my family visited San Diego temple it was closed for cleaning. when we found out it was open we were in town. We made a morning to spend. It was very well spent. I can't wait to go back to this temple the next time I am in San Diego. It was amazing just like my friend Caitlan from Snow had told me If you have a chance when your in San Diego try to make the time to tend this temple. so so so pretty!!

We then waited for my mom who was doing a temple session and decided to take the hour to take some pictures around the beautiful temple. plus beautiful sister. brother. dad. and myself. 

i love the flowers that surround temple's. so pretty.

After the temple we picked up my older brother David and headed for some din din.
eleventh day  April 27th
Everyone is a child at heart. Your never to old to go to Kidsville :) ha ha
gotta love the sun and the nice tan. burnt everyone got ha ha
 twelfth day  April 28th
hotel we stayed in California for a whole Week. It was a blast and a very nice place. Thanks to the parents. Thanks mom and dad! It was a very fun and memorable trip ;)
four thumbs up from us!!!
Last Sign that we took. Headed home back to Salt Lake City Utah.
Sorry this was a very loooong post. I just wanted to make sure I had a keep safe of the road trip. I didn't have time to write in a journal so i decided at the end of the trip to put up pictures and captions on my blog to help me remember and I can go back and look at the fun memories. and smile and laugh. 
I love my family so much!! 
Thanks to mom and Dad for this fun trip that they planned for us 4 children. We were up for any adventure planned and smiled the whole way through. of course on vacations you have your ups and down and spending quality family time sometimes gets a little to much time in your bubble. ha ha if you know what i mean. Thanks to Kimberly and Richard and Dad and myself for taking these pictures on the trips. thanks to david for participating in some photo's;) 
Were all amazing photographers so a shout out to my family!! 
love them all and gladthat everything went well. better then well AMAZING> > > > > > > > 
well back to my lovely work schedule. it was nice having that long break. now its working mode again ;) woot woot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment