Wednesday, June 29, 2011

CheckList: LOGAN UTAH.

Today was excellent. My mom and I drove up to Logan Utah. My mom went to Logan when she was about my age. It was fun to walk around the campus and she was telling me where she stayed on campus and the housing she lived in. Funny thing its still there today. we even went in for a little tour and she said it is still the same. funny how time changes and she goes back and its the same. She never thought she would go back and with her daughter (me) to look for housing. I loved hearing about her college expierence. My mom was in the sorority Alpha Omego. we were able to stay in the soroity house for one night since it was summer no one was there. It was fun to room with my mom. i wish she was my room mate ha ha. We looked at old pictures that they save each year as a girl sorioty the picture's go back way before my mom also. We found a photo of my mom. She looked amazing and it was funny to hear her go back to college days and remembering her friends. It was fun. I really enjoyed it. As for me I'm not sure i will rush for a sorority this time> I just think that it is a lot of money especially as a college student...but I guess we will see maybe I will maybe I won't :)

My three goals that I had planned before hand that I needed to accomplish this lovely wednesday with my day off of work which was very nice ;). just my mom and I. mother daughter day. funny thing we ate subway on the drive up. then subway on the drive home. subway just never gets old ;) ha ha well my 3 goals are: 
  1. Look for housing for Fall/Spring semester
          Alright this is a stressful thing put onto a college student, especially when they are paying for housing with money saved up from work and such. I admit I was frustrated and overwhelmed. I will be moving out in about a month in a half and need to find a place up in Logan to live for college. Yes I am way excited and I know it will all come together but for now I just need to be patient. Most of the housing I wanted was full. which makes sense everyone jumps ahead. My good friend Trisha from Snow suggested some apartments off campus at Logan. I looked into them. Bridgerland was full and i was put on the waiting list number 20 for girls. yeah i don't think i will have a chance at that one. The other one was Contentinal apartments they had one opening and I'm still trying to decide if i want it. I think i am going to wait for Old Farm housing instead. The lady told me to keep callin each day to see if their is a cancellation she told me they should have some. so cross your fingers. ahh ;)  The three places i'm looking into full. but if i am patient i know things will all come together. oh the joys of housing. I hope I get great roommates also :) i'm excited. let the adventures begin sooooon.
  2. Find a Job/ Fill out Applications
         I printed out about 10 resume's and put them in my purse for filling out job applications. I applied to: downeast clothing center, shoe carnival, american eagle, vanity, downeast in the mall, another shoe store, and bed bath and beyond. Most of them said that they aren't hiring now but in the fall they are. I really hope I hear back from a store and next week I will check up on a couple places. I didn't have a job down at snow but I would really and need a job at Logan for some extra cash ;). I am ready for a new job and a new adventure and meeting new people at work. 
  3. Met with my USU adviser
         this went very well. I loved working with my adviser for my major and trying to decide on certain classes to take and helping me figure things out. it helped a lot.
    my day in Logan was stressful. but in the end it was needed
    and I'm excited for the Fall and can't wait for housing.job and classes to start up and come together for a plan :)
     Too Blessed To Be Stressed primitive wood sign

No comments:

Post a Comment