Saturday, June 11, 2011

heart of Holladay 5k run.

I have been loving doing 5k races. After doing the race for the cure, and the Ephraim 10k I just want to keep going and keep doing these fun races. Even though you have to pay it is worth it. You get your free shirt and free stuff to go along with it. I love it, it brings people together even the community. I haven't done or has my mom done Heart Of Holladay race
 I have lived here for 17 years. It is about time I finally participate in this race. The route even ended up at the school across the street from me Oly jr. high bus lane we ran through and the parking lot. It was great to know the area and run through my town of Holladay. I enjoyed it very much. I appreciate my dad for taking photo's of my mom and I almost to the end of our 5k race.
Running in A.C.T.I.O.N 



I'm glad my mom was able to do this race also! She is amazing and keeps going. I love how i got her involved in the race for the cure race, and she told me about this holladay race and signed us up and we planned on doing it. She got me involved in this race. We work well as a team, racing and getting those awesome running shirts ;) that is my favorite part. Well it is accomplished we both finished.
Left Photo: getting ready to start our race.......Right Photo: finished 5k race and got free shirt
My time was 26:33 > 8:33 pace per mile. I placed 73 out of everyone in the competition and then with my division age group of 19-24 year olds I placed first. I got this race medal to put on my keys.
My mom's time was 27:49 > 8:58 pace per mile. She placed third in her division range, and also got a key change for her keys.
 
 Lets say it was accomplishment for the both of us. I love the after fact of the race, how you feel and when you see the finish line. it is a great feeling to know when your almost done. and ready for the race to be over. It went by fast. and After the race. They had little children do a sprint race it was adorable to see these young children run. They had a flight helicopter come and land. I had to take a picture by it thanks mom for taking the photo ha ha.  
They had prize drawings. My mom got a blue Nike duffel bag. My name was second to last on calling. I was surprised I even got called. I got a free membership to the Lion's Reactional center for 1 whole month. Which is way nice because I decided not to pay for my membership at gold's because I'm moving out in the fall. So i guess in July I will use this pass or might even give it to my little brother or sister. we will see. maybe i will auction it off to them shhh ;)
It was an excellent morning even on my Mom's Birthday June 11th!
Love you Mom way to Go!!
two 5k races with mom accomplished...I can't wait for the one in July ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment