Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy July Fourth.

most of the fourth of July:
was spending quality time with my family hiking MOUNT OLYMPUS:
we started around 7:00 and got home around 2:30. we were able to stay up on top and enjoy lunch.
I have hiked mt olympus before with my brother david. last year it seemed way easier. 
probably because i worked out like crazy. this year it seemed a little more difficult. but still fun.
i loved hiking it with my Dad, Mom, brother: David, Richard and my sister Kimberly.
it tested our endurance and strength. In the end it was worth it to sit up at top looking at my family around me and seeing the beautiful city that we live in. It made me grateful for so many things especially that moment of good health and strength to be able to climb this mt. We weren't in a hurry at all, taking our time and enjoying the memories. The worst part about hiking: is if your forget masquito spray. we found a spot to take a break and eat some snacks. of course the one spot we decided to take it has the most bugs. just flying around by your face. it got so annoying. i think they were all by me to. because i put hand sanitor on and it was the smelly strawberry kind delicious by the way ha ha. The beginning and the end of the hike are the worst parts that test your strength and endurance. I was so proud of my sister who didn't want to go up top and didn't think she would make it eventually decided to from me and dad telling her it will be fine. She did awesome. and kept pushing forward having a positive attitude. at the top we signed our names and wrote a message and put it back in the mailbox. funny thing there was a mirror in the mailbox. for the kind person who put that there thanks my contact was bothering me ;) we took tons of pictures. it was so pretty. being up on top and looking down. hiking down my sister fell a couple of times. she was struggling a little bit good thing her family was there to help her and stick with her the whole time. My little brother and I decided to run down the mountain. half way down we decided this and jogged down the trail. it was fun. i had to keep up with richard. he was crusin. down the dirt path. eventually we made it to the bottom and had to wait for the rest of our family. it started to rain. and we sat in the rain. enjoying the smell and getting a little chilly. then my sister made it down. us three down. with no keys to the car perfect. guess we have to wait longer for mom and dad and david. we ended up walking on the main road only for about 10 14 more mintues then they picked us up and off we went back home.

the next day. you could tell we were all soar by the way we were walking. some soar more then others. I'm so proud of my Mom and Dad and Brother's and Sister they did amazing and glad we could spend this fourth of july 2011 hiking the mt we see every day. 

My little brother richard said that it changed his perspective of the mountain now, after hiking it he appreciates it much more then he did before. It is true once you hiked the strenuous hike you are grateful for it before and so much more after ;) great perspective he had. 

went to the Holladay fireworks with my friend Amy :) they were great also.




HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment