Friday, September 24, 2010

E town.


Going to e town excited but then nervous.
I have realized that the grade in a class does not show the grade of the student it shows the grade work and how well she did in the class on those assignments. I think it is dumb that you try so hard in a subject even if it is one your not good at then in the end you realized you failed the course which brings that disappointment and frustration with myself and I then feel like a complete idiot and start to tear myself apart. I missed my math final by two points. Two points it makes me sick inside to think if I would have gotten those to points I would have passed but I realize that life just keeps on moving forward. I can either be mad at terriable about this situation and like I said tear my self apart. Or I can think positive and be like man I know I do struggle with this subject of math but least I got this far. I have learned and gain more knowledge then before starting the class and left with more knowledge about myself and that it isn’t the end for me. In E town I was talking about my grade and the Math department Dean set up a challenge final for me to take. If I pass this then I will get the credit for the class but If I don’t then that means I will retake the course, but I need to remember that the grade does not see how much time. Effort. You put into the course it only grades the test. Homework assignments and extra. It is sad though when I think about it and how much time and effort students not only me in my situation put into the subject that they still don’t understand or get the methods, but they keep on trying. In the end it is the students lose because they get graded on the material. It really just blows my mind and I think If I was a teacher it would be hard to fail a student and in my case working before class an hour of my free time and meeting with my teacher one on one during the summer for help and questions that I had….I feel as if I was the only one in my class out of the ten students that actually put in my whole effort into the class and more time spend in math then I have ever had. It is sad that after all that effort I don’t pass…but like keeps moving forward and I have taken this experience as a learning experience I did give it my all and tried my best and in the end it wasn’t worth it….hopefully I will do good on this challenge test that I will take in about a month or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment