Friday, September 24, 2010

temple friday's

This is the third week in a row that I have been doing well on the goal to attend the Temple Friday morning every week;)Alisha and I have been doing it and have loved the adventures and the feeling's I feel after attending. We are trying to go to different temples each week. to mix it up a bit.

first week: Salt Lake Temple
second week: Draper Temple
third week (today): Jordan Temple.

I love the blessings of the temple, and that I live so close to so many different temples that I can attend to with my really good friend. When Alisha and I went to the Salt Lake Temple the very first Friday two weeks ago when we both started this goal. I was sitting by this girl named Alexia and she was from out of State and said that the closest Temple for her to go to was about 6 hours away. She just barely joined the church and was visiting Salt Lake because the Missionary that taught her the gospel's family invited her to come to Utah to experience the Salt Lake Temple as well as other things. It made me so grateful to live about 15 minutes away from the Temple. I'm so bless. I Love the feeling inside of the temple. and how I can set aside the worldly things and focus on the savior.my testimony.answer to my questions.promptings. etc. I love how different each temple is but you still get the same peaceful feeling in all of them. I love attending the temple weekly it makes my friday's start off so well and the rest of the weekend is just splendid because of going to the Temple. One of my favorite child hood songs was: I love to see the Temple.
I love to see the temple.
I’m going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I’ll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.
I
love to see the temple.
I’ll go inside someday.
I’ll cov’nant with my Father;
I’ll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I’ve learned this truth:
A fam’ly is forever.

2 comments:

  1. thanks Meg!
    your amazing also! as sister's in zion. ps-it won't let me comment on your post. i tried it said i need a log in thing. wierd. very wierd.

    ReplyDelete