Wednesday, September 8, 2010

P.E adventure

It was my second day teaching P.E at Nibly park school. My mother and I have gotten down the routine of things and what we are suppose to do. The first day could not have gone any better I was exhausted after yesterday and today. It is crazy how much energy you lose after playing and watching these wonderful kids.
>favorite part of today-
  1. Today was the first time to have the 8th graders..I admit I was pretty nervous to have them first of the day and was like man I don't think i can handle them..but they ended up to be very corporated and all particpated. It was fun to see their athletic abilities and how they worked as a class. One boy said to the Girl pitching...your a great pitcher...I wasn't sure if he was using scarchasm. but I told him that was very nice of him to say that to her....It made me realize man I need to say more compliments to people and praise the children for their ability and the way they shined. 
  2. This little girl Kate in second grade....her class was lineing up to go back to their classroom with their regular teacher and I was telling the children thank you and how good they were and to see them next week. Then Kate was like....Can you keep a secret?...I said back to her Yes I can keep a secret....and then she said I'm Hannah Montana the superstar..shhh but don't tell anyone. After this cute little conversation it made me laugh and I had to go tell my assisant (mom;).
  3. Outside playing games with the second graders another little girl with cute adorable glasses long blonde hair and said guess what! and I said what? and she said I'm a Famous Star ha ha These second graders are all stars and famous people. Wow I can't believe I was able to hang out with a famous star and Hannah Montana I feel so special to be their P.E teacher...maybe someday I will become famous just like them...ha ha Don't we all remember what we wanted to be, or who was our role models back when we were little whether it being a superstar, singer, dancer, movies..etc I know I have tried pretending to be certain characters when I was younger....oh man back in the day ;) ha ha but your never to old to play pretend.
  4. Girls vs Boys is always fun doesn't matter what grade it always gets competive.. I played kickball with the third graders and was putting them into teams: Team 1 and Team 2 then I saw that there was enough to do Girls against boys so thats what we ended up doing. It was fun and loved watching the girl team cheer on who ever was kicking with their little chants...then the boys showing their tough skills and that they can win. The boys one this time..but it was a close game.
  5. 1st graders where last group again today. Which on the first day was my favorite group...they still are;) I love the age group of 1st graders...they are adorable!!!! when I was about to play another game..this little boy zach said to me...man i'm exhausted can we just not do any moving..ha ha got to love P.E and getting the children tired and their physical activity in for the day. It is sad though that they only have P.E class once a week....I meet with the class and only for about thirty five mintue each..it goes by so fast. sometimes so fast and then i go get the next group. Teaching P.E these two days have been a blast and way better then I have expected! I love it! and of course can't forget my amazing assistant (mom) i could not have done this without her help...she is amazing...oh wait she is my mom. Love you MOM. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment