Friday, February 18, 2011

letter from a friend.

I love receiving letters, emails, texts from friends and family. Who doesn't right>? It is the best feeling when you get a message because then you know that the person cares or is just checking up on your life. I love it.  I admit I have been slacking on sending letters to a couple people that have truly helped me and have been a great example to me. Well anyways  I received a message in my Face book in-box. To be honest I usually only get junk mail there and never check it. I saw that it was from a good friend from summer. I haven't talked to her since the last time i visited her from the way she treated me. You will understand some point of view after reading her message: 

Sarah,
        I want to say sorry to you. I was so awful to you. I really truly apologize. I was at a low point in my life when you came to visit Ephraim. I was selfish among many other things. I did not deserve the sincere
friendship that you offered me. I just basically threw you to the curb and treated you like trash. I honestly don't know what to say to you to ask for your forgiveness for this way I treated you and my disgusting behavior. I hope that one day we can be friends again and that you can forgive me for the way that I acted.
         Love (no name).
I was shock when I saw a message from her in my in-box and wondering why she sent me something. I had no idea. Reading her message....i started to cry. Her simple apology message met so so much to me. The fact that I had a good friend and thought I lost her as a friend. I'm not a person to show emotion especially in front of people. I feel as if finally now about 6 months later she realizes that she hurt our friendship. It was rude I admit and that was the last time I was in e-town after this incident.  Of- course I am going to forgive her and in the process of writing back to her. She has been a great friend during the summer. We were able to grow as friends and create fun memories. I hope soon that we will be able to go to lunch when she comes up north or when I go to E-town. I feel as if she apologized and I accept her apology. I have realized that in life you need to let the little things go, and move on. I admit I didn't think she would want to be friends with me anymore. It was just a summer friendship. I'm glad she was able to send me this message and express her thoughts and feelings towards that day. 
I challenge anyone who reads this post to express your feelings towards 
a loved one
a friend
a coworker
a customer
or someone you just met that day.
A compliment goes along way. 
Being a friend creates memories
and last a lifetime.  
http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.151862233.jpg
for the letter love you always/ sarah.
give thanks. 

If you work really hard and create friendship with those you come in contact with amazing things will happen.
amazing friendships.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment