Sunday, August 28, 2011

college sundays

I love the feeling of Sunday's as a college student.
they make me grow spiritual and grow in friendships.
we had ward prayer at eight which made me realize that our ward is pretty big and seems very chilled. I hope throughout the year it is a good expeirence.
I never did attend the ward prayer at my family's house singles ward. oops. oh well
this year i hope to attend every sunday when I'm in town.
get to know more people in my ward and create friends.
Going to church by myself was a little lonely. but it made me realize that I'm never alone.
even at times when I'm going to church bymyself. it is for my growth. my spiritual growth.
I reflected more about the speakers because I was by myself maybe it was a better thing. ha.
i took notes and listen attentively. the speakers were very good and made me look at my life and realize what I need to change and improve.
It is hard and I know it is a challenge to be up here by myself but I realize I will grown and meet new people and create new memories. I'm excited for what this year has in store for me. I love love the campus and can't wait for classes tomorrow.
In sacrament today i realized i need to work on a couple of things
one thing is: daily scripture study. it seemed like during the summer i would lose track and not really put to much effort in doing it.
goal is to read every night. and actually write down a thought that i learned or what I can do better.
after ward prayer.
my room mate Lauren and her friend Mackenzie invited me to go look for our classes on campus.
then we went to go visit some of their friends from last year.
they were way nice. one of the guys were very attractive.
ha ha it was fun. I love the feeling of being included and invited.
it makes me appreciate when I invite people because It is the worst not knowing people and feel all alone.
it was a good walk. good talks. good meeting people. good laughs.
after came back to our apartment.
and made a midnight snack of Mac and Cheese.
as college student this is a very easy dinner. or late night snack.
cooked it then sat outside our apartments eating our mac and cheese.

as you can tell by the picture it was a Kodak moment.
the one in the middle is my roommate then the one on her right side is her friend Mackenzie.
funny thing is we were sitting on our stairs then of course the sprinklers had to turn on.
we needed to move our mac and cheese eating location to the grass. ha ha it was delicious.


1 comment: