Sunday, August 7, 2011

YSA Fireside


Speaker: Elder Don Clarke
This fireside was up at the Tabernacle downtown. I invited my good friend Hailey to come with me. It was a great fireside, things I needed to remember, things I need to work out. The gospel is such an amazing thing. I love the feeling of the spirit when I attended this fireside. These are a few of my notes from the fireside. Thought I would share;)

He told us that these three things below are things that need to be with us during the fireside. Remembering these three things when going to sacrament, listening to talks, institute classes, any possible way where we are able to and willing to change and become better people.

  1. Humble willing to learn
  2. problems
  3. desire to be better people
Summit- highest point
What are my ambitions?
BECOMING GREAT!!
Alma 13: 10-11

Sacrament: what are you thinking about, what am I thinking about during the sacrament. It is a time of reflection on the savior. Four things he told the single adults
  1. prayer of gratitude for what he has done for us.
  2. renew our covenants
  3. leave forgiving of our sings
  4. receive revelation/ solutions to our problems
Service: the power and blessings we receive when we serve others.

Family: Da&C 122:20
Family prayer
Family Scripture study
Family Home evening. These are all essential part of living and coming closer to our savior with the ones that we love.

Education: is to help Improve oneself, study, grades, graduate, becoming great in difficult times.
D&C 130: 19
1-     Exceedingly faith
2-     Diligence.
He challenged each of us to write down goals and to have it in a place where we can see it daily. Maybe your wallet, the mirror in the bathroom, in your bedroom, in your car. It is a great way to help you reach those goals.
Work:
D&C 42:42
Work with your might, mind and strength
4 Rules for financial situation with working:
  1. pay tithing.
  2. spend less then you make.  Credit cards= prisoners
  3. don’t let wants desire’s become needs
  4. learn to start saving NOW>
Friends:
1-     they should and help you become a better person.
2-     Hang out with good friends.
Remember up at USU to make and be a good friend to those around me. Be in good places to meet those good friends. Remember to Choose to be GREAT.
D&C 64:10 the power of forgiveness.

Don’t let people determine my happiness.
Remember who you are?
makes me remember the great movie: Lion King


CHOOSE TO BE GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment