Friday, August 5, 2011

going up to Logan

This weekend. I went to Utah State with my mom, another girls adventure. This time we decided to stay in a hotel which was actually very nice and relaxing. My sister was suppose to come with us, but instead she got invited to go to bear lake- which is ten times better! I love bear lake much better then job hunting ha ha. we missed her but it was fun with just my mom and I. The drive doesn’t even seem that bad, it really does go by so fast. My mom mentioned that she enjoys this drive much better then driving down to Snow. I thought about it and I agree. It is so green, many things to see on the way. It is a smooth drive that we both enjoyed. My mom drive first
so i took pictures of the road and of course my feet ;) just relaxing
then I took over the wheel. Funny thing is my mom was out of it after the first ten minutes I started driving. It was funny! I had to take a picture, if she saw this she would probably kill me, but that is the funny part about it. She looks so peaceful in her sleep! Ha ha. Love you mom!
We got to Logan.
Dropped my mom at the Logan Temple.
Then I spent the next 2 3 hours looking and filling out applications again.
I have been blessed with getting a job right away, from being able to teach P.E for kindergar-8th grade because of my brother’s friend mention my name, from score keeping and enjoying watching jr. jazz basketball. I have loved and enjoyed the jobs that I have had. It has made me appreciate the power of work and learning new things, and dealing with customer service. I thought since I have had 4 years in a restaurant. That this job was probably the best route to go up in Logan. Last time I filled out applications to stores, clothing stores where I have no experience. Not smart but it was worth a try. I then started my journey going to place to place. I printed a list of restaurants and their address as well as their numbers to have it on handy. It helped very much, especially calling before hand to see if they had job openings. I thought it my mind it was a very successful two hours of job hunting. Yes it was frustrating, it took longer to find some places, I went to one place and it wasn’t even open it was under construction: of course this had to be the place that I couldn’t find in the first place, traffic, making every red light atleast that what it seemed even though there aren’t that many down there in the first place. Ha. It made me greatful for the job that I have and the hours that I have worked there. After doing this my mom called and was done at the temple. I went to go pick her up and then we talked about our experience me job hunting and her temple time. We went to café rio. Which they have at utah state. Down at Snow they didn’t have anything good to eat besides Roy’s pizza and subway. They have my favorite place café rio here. Yes it is a good sign. We shared a chicken salad at ate outside to enjoy the beautiful day. After dinner we went to a couple more places. We drove outside of Logan to a small town called Smithfield. It was adorable I loved it, it reminded me of manti and of ephriam very much so. I applied for a place called Callaways restaurant. It was cute on the outside as well on the inside. This was the last place that I turned in my resume, refrence letter from my amazing boss Tim, and filled out their application.
hope i get some phone calls in the next few days. or atleast an interview. its crunch time! ;)
Then we went to go look for place to stay for the night. It seemed like everything was booked, which caught us by surprise. We found a place to stay
Went swimming. Hot tubing for 30 mintues which felt so nice after a long hard day.
It was great.
Watched the perfect dress on TLC. I love that show and love to see the dresses different people pick out, its addicting.
Then off to bed it was. Lights out.

Saturday Morning:
We woke up and got ready for the Temple.
One of my favorite things about hotel’s is the FREE contentintal breakfast.
I love how they say it is free, but really you paid for it in the beginning.
I love getting a lot and putting some foods in my bags. It is the best.
Bannan muffin this morning.
With some frosted flakes cereal. It was delicious.
Well  I was able to go and do baptisms while my mom did a session. This was the first time I have been inside this temple. I tried once with my friend Brooke and it was closed. I tried again with my friend Alisha and it was closed. It seems like we always went at the wrong time. Calling before hand is the method we learned ;) I schedule an appointment. And loved every part of it.
I kept thinking in my mind this is now the temple that I will be going to.
My goal is to go once a week doing baptisms and inviting my roommates or anyone wanting to go with me.
I think it is a perfect idea.
I will have my car up in logan so it works out great. I can’t wait! 


I loved the spirit I felt inside the Logan Temple! 
I love the temple.
love how it blocks the outside world and your able to focus on your testimony as well as those who have gone before us while we do their baptism work.  
 

 
 After the temple went to the hotel packed up our things
And went on my laptop. I love wi fi internet.
Picked up my mom from the temple.
Then off we go back to good old Salt Lake City.
This weekend was fun to spend time with my mom, job hunting, going to the logan temple, browsing logan area, went to look at my place again. I’m excited and can’t wait for the adventure’s Logan has for me.
Thanks mom for coming with me. 
It was fun! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment