Tuesday, September 27, 2011

10 K around USU campus.

I was thinking about it all day and deciding if I wanted to do it.
why not? I might as well.
I love doing races around school campus, because you get a feel of the college life and your able to see the beautiful buildings that I go to or others I don't go to. You gain an appreciation for the campus. I love LOVE the USU campus and decided I might as well do the 10k.
the nice thing is if you have a partner you run the 5k and then switch and have your partner do the rest of the 5k. team work.
well It was just me. so I decided to do the full 10k like most people also did.
it turned out better then I expected.
doing the 10 K at Snow College it wasn't really organized. The only thing that you were able to see was the arrows on the ground.
the nice thing about this 10K they had college students standing in the spots where you needed to turn and cheering you on. This 10k was for the business week at USU campus this week. The good thing is also the money goes to the Huntsman center which was for a good cause.
i paid the 10 dollar fee.
had my running shoes on. long socks.
shorts and shirt
and ready to run.
finally it started at 5:30.
it was a good push for myself.
i feel as if after the race I could have gone a little faster.
my time to beat was the 10 K ephriam run which  my time was 55:12
my favorite part about doing races is the final stretch
where your able to give it your all
and spring down the path to the finish line.
you need to. it is that last drive that gets you to the finish line.
pumping your arms, taking long strides, breathing intensively, and music out of ears.
i love hearing people cheer it gives me that extra push.
i passed the finish line.
my time
52:42. DONE DEAL. i beat my time of the other 10k.
i was so pleased with my time.
also there was this one girl in my fitness class that I can't stand she is annoying and everyone agrees
ha ha i had to beat her also. so that was where my competitive side came out shhh ;)
don't worry let the best woman win. me ha ha
it was a very well organized race.
got my free shirt. free waterbottle, free mini ear plugs, free bannana's.
i think i'm set for the day! ha ha
i'm glad I was able to participate in it and run the full 10k running the whole time.
i'm proud of myself.
http://huntsman.usu.edu/businessweek/files/uploads/Route.pdf (the lovely map course) ;)
and loved running around the campus. it was perfect.
Thanks to those who put it all together!
I come back from the race and my room mates where like did you just run a race or something.
I said yes i did the 10k.
they were all like your crazy.
my one room mate was like yeah I just you know do that every day decided at the last min to run.
I might be crazy but I think once I hit the half marathon or the full marathon then i will be CRAZY.
and I can call me crazy. doing a 10k isn't that bad at all. you will have to try it. challange yourself.
i did and I am going to keep on trying.
love the life you live.

No comments:

Post a Comment