Sunday, September 11, 2011

preparing for the future.

I love reading the LDS ensigns.
especially when you read a talk and you feel as if you needed to read it
and that it was for you at that time.
that is how i feel right now. I just read an article from the September 2011 Ensign 
called:
Preparing for the Future by:
Elder M Russell Ballard.
I would recommend reading it.
It touched my heart, and gave me the comfort and resurrance that I needed.
this article was for me at this time. it was an answer to prayers. 
I am on the right path and track of life.
I need to keep moving forward in faith and trusting in the Lord and following the commandments.
a few of the things that stood out to me in this article were the following:
  • Going to Church is to give me guidance and direction.
  • Find someone to become more active. 
    • He challenged each one of us to look around and invite others to come unto Christ.
  • Don't be afraid.
    • Don't think you have to have everything in life lined up.
    • Don't be afraid of Marriage.
  • Pay tithing.
  • Don't lose faith. Go forward with faith.
  • fear is one of those principals that evil uses
    • he wants us to question. and have doubts.
  • If your living away from home stay close to your Mom's and Dads.
    • the power of Communication.
    • the use of technology phone calls, texts, emails, facebook, skpe, etc
    • in this category I added stay close to your siblings as well. communicate with them.
  • I'm on a great journey in Logan
    • going to school 
    • getting an education
    • working
    • paying my tithing
    • attending institute, religion of life every Friday, IWA (lds sorority)
    • going to church meetings 
    • becoming friends with my room mates and others I meet
  • Repentance is always available when needed. use it.
  • Trust the Lord. Believe in him. 
  • Enjoy the future. Enjoy the life your living now. Enjoy every moment. minute.second

No comments:

Post a Comment