Saturday, September 3, 2011

"wo" MAN VS MUD 5k


I haven't wanted to do this race called the Man vs Mud race which was today. I orginally wanted to do it with my little brother and sister but unfortuanly they couldn't come up to race. I was going to do it alone but then where is the fun in that right?. My room mates friend Mckenzie texted me friday afternoon saying she has a cute friend named Parker that is running the race but is going by himself also and we should go together. She gave him my number. I then was getting ready for work and got a call from a unkown number yupp it was Parker. We decided we would run the race tomorrow around 11:00. It is funny not knowing someone but still way excited for the race. I have been so excited for this mud race to just get down and get dirty but having fun at the same time. I went around 8 to register before the race. One of my room mates Liz had a coupon form the day on the quad up at USU and instead of paying $50.00 for the day of race. I was able to pay $25.00 for her coupon since she wasn't able to do it. I was very appreciative of her saving me $25.00.

I decided I needed to go get some shoes for the race....i was going to use my running shoes but nope not a good idea. they are still way clean. I went to the DI and bought these sick shoes for $4.00. Yes they have grip things on the bottom. Yes I didn't get blisters. and they worked out great! It was perfect! Well He met at my place and then I drove us to wellsville where the race was taking place. We were walking up to the starting line and he saw a group of 6 girls that he knew from his ward. We decided to join them in the run so there for our group consisted of 8 people 7 girls 1 boy. ha ha. It was still way fun. Getting to know a couple of the girls. I enjoyed the race very much. it was muddy like they say. it was endurance. slidding down huge tarps into mud. doing mud crawl. it was worth going with no one I knew. That is how you meet people right. It was so much fun!!!
The course was the following:
  • Mud Crawl - Pretty much what it sounds like. Mud. Crawl.
  • Spider Web - Making it through this web is easier if you wear a Spiderman costume.
  • Hay You - No horse could eat its way through this wall of hay.
  • Water Fall - There will be water, and you’ll probably fall.
  • Grandmother’s House - Over the river and through the woods…
  • Slip 'n Slide - That's right. Release your inner child.
  • Mud Pit - Oh yes we did. Will you get the award for best mud pit performance?
I can't wait to recieve pictures from the race. One of the girls in the group brought her water prof camera which was awesome on the way we would stop and take group photo's. I hope they turned out when I figure out they did I will post them on this post ;)
so worth it. I would recommend it to anyone. I hope next year I can get a group together and we can all have a group name and dress up. I loved seeing costumes and such it was fun. we even got a t-shirt that says man vs mud run. I will wear it when i work out. It was a great work out and very well organized event. I"m glad I did this 5k fun in the mud race :)

No comments:

Post a Comment