Saturday, September 24, 2011

Relief Society Conference Center

Girls Night at the Conference center
I was able to get Relief Society tickets for the Conference center.
my relief society president was handing them out.
i took three. one for me. one for my sister and one for my mom.
it was fun we all looked way cute in our sunday clothes.
we were able to kill some time
by going to Deseret Book across the street.
my mom bought me an ensign. then kimberly bought these cute rings. one said FAITH and one said BELIEVE. they were way cute just didn't really fit my fingers the way I wanted them to.
My mom thought it would be a good idea to get some snacks.
she got chocolate galore. things so delicious.
chooclate cinn bears. chocolate m$m's and chocolate covered raisns.
yupp we were set.
don't worry after confernce we felt sick for eating them and eating them. but they were still good at the time. can never go wrong with chocolate.
then off to the Conference Center.
we got good seats.
the talks were great.
there is a peaceful feeling I always recieve when I'm at the Conference center.
gathered around with other Latter Day Saints hear to hear a message.
I love when all the sisters are talking then the Prophet Thomas S Monson
walks in and it goes silent and we all stand up.
amazing feeling inside and knowing that he is a true prophet that leads and guides us today.
love the feeling and love this gospel.
the three sisters did a great job talking.
i then leaned over to my mom saying I would like to hear Elder Bendar, or Uchtdorf speak.
after the song.
Elder Uchtdorf was up to speak.


I have always loved listening to his talks. I love how he uses metamphore's. I'm able to remember it and always listening tentatively when he speaks to the sisters.
He started talking about the beauty that surrounds us, the flowers the trees and how blessed we are for the beauty.  He mentions the flower called the : forget me not flower and how it has five petals for the flower. 



"The five petals of the little forget-me-not prompt me to consider five things we would be wise never to forget."
  1. Don't forget not to be paitent with myself
    • These forget me not flowers may be small but God notice's them
    • Keep working hard at school, work, etc
    • Everyone has strengths and weaknesses
    • Take tiny steps towards the journey of perfection.
  2. Don't forget not the difference a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice
    • Every person and situation is different.
    • Ask myself >  Am I committing my time and energy to whats most important?
    • nurturing those small forget me not flowers is like our testimonys.

  1. Don't forget not to be Happy now
    • I love this one when he was addressing it to the sister's and brought in the movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory saying that everyone wants that Golden Ticket. 
    •  We sometimes forget the simple joys of life because we are to focused on that Golden Ticket. to focused on marriage, school, etc.
    • Each day think of those simple Joys of life.
    •  he said,” is that if we spend our days waiting for fabulous roses, we could miss the beauty and wonder of the tiny forget-me-nots that are all around us.”
  2. Don't forget the Why's in the gospels
    • President Uchtdorf reminded the sisters that the gospel is not an obligation, but a pathway leading to happiness and peace in this life and “glory and inexpressible fulfillment” in the life to come".
  3. Don't forget not that the Lord loves me.
    • “You may at times feel a little like the forget-me-not—insignificant, small, or tiny in comparison with others,” he said, noting: “I hope (the forget-me-not) will be a symbol of the little things that make your lives joyful and sweet.”
    • I am loved by the King of infinite space and everlasting time. what a blessing to know!





















    I would encourage those who weren't able to attend to listen to this video/talk to take the time and listen to it. It is one of my favorite talks this year.
    • http://lds.org/general-conference/watch/2011/10?lang=eng&vid=1180453706001&cid=7


      I looked over at my sister she was in tears, my mom was and so was I because of the spirit touching each of our hearts during his talk. It was great to come home to a weekend where I was able to go to the Conference center with my mom and sister. It was a treat and I loved every mintue of it. After we had to just had to take pictures out side the conference center with the Temple in the background. I didn't have my camera so next best thing cell phone camera's ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment