Tuesday, September 13, 2011

blind date: hiking.

my room mate Lauren and her friend Mackenzie had this brilliant Idea of getting a group to go hiking. we tried about two weeks ago to go but it didn't happen which was fine.
One of Lauren's friends that is a guy named Scott wanted to go on a date with this girl.
so the idea was to have about 5 couples go on a hike.
the only one that knew each other were Scott and the girl he wanted to take.
the rest were blind dates.
which at times are fine. but then at times you just are nervous to see and to know who your going with.
the good thing was it was a group activity. but of course we partnered off into our lovely dates.
Mackenzie and her Date Spencer
then me and my date Preston.
when i first met him. my impressions he seemed like a pretty relaxed guy. a little to short for me.
so i knew it wasn't really going to work out. but might as well make the best of it and have a good time.
that is what we did.
we went on the hike the Wind Caves. which I did last week with a group from my ward.
this time we were able to make it already to the top which was rewarding and awesome to view.
we started the hike around 9:00 a lovely evening hike up the trail.
the nice thing was it wasn't to hot or to cold it was just right.
i felt dumb being the only one with the backpack but I was nice enough to bring fruit snack for everyone and red licorice. come on hiking you must have a treat or a snack break. in my opinion it is a must. don't worry everyone pretty much loved my fruit snacks ha ha. it was my service and sharing activity.
it is always fun getting to know new people.
playing the lovely get to know you game.
where you from? what do you like to do? how many siblings? what you studing? where did you go on your mission? favorite places that you have traveled.........................etc.
gotta love it. the nice thing was he was easy to talk to and he mention it half way up the hike that I was easy to talk to as well. There was no awkward moments which is always good on a blind date.
we were the first group in front. pretty much we were cruising on the way up. 
us and then another couple don't remember their names.
but the one guy decided to take the short cut>? ha ha yeah right it was more like the longer cut.
it was a fun short cut though rock climbing up the side. the first step was the hardest then it was just a piece of cake. good thing i'm not afraid of heights ha. we did it but we ended up being the very last 2 couples up the cave ha ha. it was still fun.
then we all got up to the top and just sat in our lovely couples and talked and chit chatted and talked.
then it was time to hit the road jack.
we hiked back down.
talked in a group before leaving.
got in our cars.
then the lovely stage of him walking me to the door
he knew my roomies and came into talk to them for a bit.
then off he went.
it was a fun blind date. would I date him again> nope. just friends. he is to short. ha ha. 
the hike was awesome and I'm glad I was able to finish it this time.
next blind date probably next month we will see when the time comes.
gotta enjoy going life right ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment