Thursday, September 1, 2011

letter.

the funny thing is just last night I was going through the stage of being alone. not knowing to many people.
and venting out out this is a hard thing in life to go somewhere to start school. not knowing anyone really. new room mates. new campus. new housing. new singles ward. new job. new everything it seems like.
I woke up this morning and recieved a letter on my desk from my room mate Lawren. I decided to read it when i was in class because we both were walking to the bus. I told her I already appreciated her for writing me a note and I hadn't even read it yet............i was 10 mintues early to class this is when i read her note to me. The main things that jumped out to me where the following:
  • feeling inside of peace and friendship.
  • comfort. knowing that she knows what I'm going through.
  • apologizing for not going hiking last night and that the plans canceled last minute.
  • the feeling of not being included. not knowing the people she hangs out with.
  • her taking the time to write a small and simple note that ment a lot to me.
  • appreciating me being her room mate.
  • feeling weird or awkard with her and her friends
  • its going to be a great year! 
You really never know what impact you have on others. I love the fact of knowing that I'm never alone even though at times and lately I feel that way. This note made my whole morning. I even teared up because it touched me knowing that she cares and knows i'm struggling.  Just last night I was feeling alone after reading her letter it made me realize that my room mate is always there for me and cares. Thanks Lawren for your note and I'm grateful to be able to be your room mate this year. Let the goooooood timmmmmmmeeeeesssss roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment